Saturday 1 March 2014

Front Cover Evaluation


This is my final front cover page for my indie music magazine. I have chose the colours, grey white, black and burgundy for everything on this page because this is my colour scheme. I thought these colours were appropriate as I have seen these colours mostly used on other indie music magazines. The barcode, price and date, puffs, cover lines and masthead are all conventions of an indie music magazine and are the reason I used them. I decided on three cover lines, the posters, interview with Romy Stone and Vampire Weekend because I didn't want to overload the cover page, I wanted the main image to be the key on this page and too many would cover the picture up too much. I also decided on having one puff because I thought the winning tickets offer would look good in a puff and make it stand out more. In the end I decided on having a forth cover line at the bottom which was put in a different colour so it looked more important. I made the barcode vertical because I have also seen this as a reoccurring convention on indie music magazines, also I think by having it vertically you can see more of the page and picture and it is more out of the way. I decided to have my masthead very simple and keep this as the logo all the way through the magazine. The only thing different about this masthead compared to all of the logos throughout the magazine is that instead of the middle of the letters being white I blended them in with the background more making the inside a reddish pink. I put underneath my masthead another convention of the date and price. This was written in black and in a curly font to make it look professional but also so that it wasn't seen as a main thing on the magazine but so it was still noticeable. I am pleased with how my front cover has come out finally. I'm glad that I changed certain things and also I feel I did the best that I can. I also feel that I have used all of the right conventions of an indie music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment