Tuesday 25 February 2014

Progress of Today

Today I have worked on my contents page a bit. First of all I added in three pictures in the middle row of my contents page. These pictures are to do with what is inside the magazine, Romy Stone's interview, Jake Bugg tour review and Two Door Cinema Club tour highlights. I made these pictures quite big and dominant on the page so that they were obviously important articles. For the short piece of writing underneath eh pictures i made the information white, and the page number red so that they contrasted and the information was obvious. Next I finished off the contact box at the bottom left hand side of the page. by making sure of the links were correct and also making sure i had a logo for each site.

After, I started on my Band List for my contents page. This convention i found in NME magazine. It is simply a list of bands with a page number where you will find information of that specific band. I decided to use this convention because I am following the main conventions of NME magazine. To create this Band List, I made a tile for the list and made it very big and bold. I then separately made a list of all of the bands of which i was going to put on the final list. I then put them all in alphabetical order so that the list would be easier to read and would make sense. Next I gave eacher band a page number which the reader would then know what page to find a specific band on.
 
 
Lastly I created the contents list on the left hand side collumn. I made a heading for the contents which I made sure was the same size as the band list heading. I then in the bigger box made subheadings of 'Features' and 'Regulars'. These are also conventions of NME magazine which i found interesting and I wanted to use them. I then added in the features content and made the information white and the page number red like i did with the band list to make it all blend in together. Next, I added in the regulars information using the same colour technique as the features information.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment