Tuesday 18 February 2014

Today's Progress of Contents Page

Today I have been working on my contents page. I started out with just a blank page today and have been slowly building it up relating back to my hand drawn design I made a while back. Firstly I chose a colour of the background of the page, I chose a medium grey colour because I felt it was neutral. I do like this colour but it may change throughout the making of my contents page. I then added some boxes at the bottom of the page as I thought it would be easier to start building my page from bottom to top as the bottom of the page is less complicated. I made the left hand box slightly longer than half way across the page and about an inch high. I made the box next to that the size of the rest of the space and the same height with just a tiny gap between both boxes. The boxes are a slightly darker grey colour in contrast to the background, and yet again this colour may change as I think grey is very bland but it could be effective and I will consider the colours later on. I next copied and pasted from the internet a the Facebook logo, the Twitter logo and the Instagram logo. I then made them a lot smaller and put the inside of the bigger box. From this idea I made accounts on Email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for BMA magazine so that my links are true and give a little extra to my magazine. After creating these accounts I pasted the links for each one next to the correct icon. I used the same font as I have thoughout my magazine so far and I put the writing in white so it contrasted against the box colour. For the smaller box, using the same font and colour I wrote about subscribing to BMA magazine as I found this in NME magazine when analysing it. I wrote about how much it would cost for a year and when the special deal ends. I will write more in this box another day because I think what I have written is very simple and not to eye catching. Below is a print screen of my work as I left it today in InDesign for my contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment