Monday 13 January 2014

Artist Analysis - Lorde

Lorde 'Star Image' Analysis

Lorde is a 17 year old singer-songwriter from New Zealand. Her real name is Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor but she chose her stage name Lorde as she was fascinated with royals and aristocracy. She thought that the word Lord at first was too masculine so decided to add an 'e' to the end making it more feminine. Lorde has recently become extremely well known for releasing her newest biggest hit song "Royals". I feel that Lorde is presented to the public eye as a grown woman is made to look a lot older than she really is. Even though she is a typical teenager like me, I feel that because the way the media present her as rich, talented and intelligent I feel as if she is older. Even so I look up to her as many other teenagers do, aspiring to look like her and be as successful at such a young age.


Lorde relates to my target audience because she is a young musician. This relates to my target audience because the people who my magazine will be aimed at will also be young a interested in music like she is. Also as she is a female this will attract more woman to my magazine hopefully too.

No comments:

Post a Comment