Wednesday 15 January 2014

Target Audience

Who is your target audience?

My target audience will be teenagers from age 14 to young adults age 24. I have chosen this target audience because I feel that indie music is aimed more for the younger generation yet has some older assets within it. My target audience gender will be male and female. This is because I want it to be equally divided not providing any gender with more than the other. Even though my research showed more men read an indie magazine than women I want my magazine to bring in more female attention. I will do this by not specifically making the magazine look more masculine or feminine, I will make it look neutral. The audience of which I will be targeting my magazine at do not shop in particular places and buy certain brands but they do have their own style of clothing. Indie clothing is thought of as original, individual and fashionable. Normally indie clothing is slightly obscure but generally looks very eye catching an trendy. Therefore there will be no complete target for shopping in certain places or for certain brands in my magazine although I may include some brands or shops. I have noticed some shops or brands that indie music fans seem to shop mostly in or shops that I class as selling indie style clothing these shops are Topshop/Topman, Urban Outfitters and River Island. Even though I see these shops/brands as indie some others do not so I will not present them as specifically indie. I do not believe that all people who buy indie music magazines have the same interests because they are individual. Therefore if I include some interests in my magazine they wont be specifically for indie music lovers. The only thing that may be aimed at my target audience is gigs from indie music fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment