Thursday 2 January 2014

Target Audience Research

Who is the target audience?

The target audience for my indie music magazine is teenagers to young adults, ages 15- 28. I have picked this target audience because I feel that indie music magazines are aimed more towards the younger generation and generally it is younger people who listen to this genre. I researched into NME magazine which is the magazine which I will closely relate my own music magazine to and I found some statistics which helped me determine my target audience.
These statistics that I found are interesting. The first pie chat displays what social class reads NME magazine more. This shows that The higher classes seem to buy and read it more compared to the lower classes. I decided this was because NME isn't extremely cheap therefore higher classes would be able to afford it. Also I thought this was because higher classes can also afford more luxuries like music on radios, computers, electronic devices, etc. in comparison to the lower classes. The second pie chart demonstrates that more men than women read NME. I am not quite sure why this would be but the difference between the men's percentage and the woman's isn't drastically different therefore I will not be targeting it at a certain gender. The last pie chart presents which age group reads NME the most. This seems to be people aged between 15-34. I also do not know why this age group specifically reads NME more but I took this information and decided on my own age target audience based on this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment