Wednesday 15 January 2014

Questionnaire Response Evaluation

When I looked over eight responses to my questionnaire, I found half of them gave answers of which I liked most. The four I picked out all included my genre, indie music, which therefore I found most helpful for me when I am making my magazine. From my questionnaire I can now see what different people like and what they would want to see or read about in my magazine. I will now evaluate each question individually so I can see clearly which responses I should take on board.

Question 1.) Do you read music magazines?

I took all of the responses of which said they did read music magazines. I did this because otherwise the rest of the questions would be irrelevant to me and would not help at all. It is important that the people said yes because therefore they would give me what they, as an indie music magazine reader, would like to find in a new indie music magazine as these people are my target audience.

Question 2.) If so which music magazines do you read?

This question gave me a range of magazines of which the people who answered my questionnaire gave me, but I picked the four whose answers gave magazines with genres closest to mine. This is helpful information because I can now look at the most read magazines by indie music fans and see what makes them so popular and appealing to this type of audience. I can the interpret this information into my own magazine.

Question 3.) What is you favourite genre of music?

The four answers I took from these responses all had indie in them. Therefore the information I was receiving confirmed it was from the target audience I was looking for. I also gave me an insight to other genres that indie music lovers also like. This hinted to me and what genres can fit well and what other audiences I might draw in as well.

Question 4.) What would you like to see on the cover of a music magazine?

Most of the responses that I received for this question was a general what you find on the front cover of any magazine. But this information was still helpful because I then knew I shouldn't change everything on the front cover other than to maybe make it a not busy but simple.

Question 5.) What information would you like to find within the music magazine?

Responses for this question was also very similar to what you would normally find in a music magazine anyway. But I found a couple of extra things of which I could include such as gig dates, tour dates and festival dates for bands.

Question 6.) How much would you be willing to pay for a music magazine?

Nearly all of my responses for this question were £3. Because of this I have decided to price my magazine at this price, therefore I know that people are willing to pay this amount and I can guarantee that it would be bought.

Question 7.) How often would you like the music magazine to release a new issue?

Every answer for this question was monthly. I think this is because sometimes it is a little expensive to buy a magazine every week therefore over a month you have time to save for the next issue. I also think this is because it gives you a whole month to reader and check out articles in the magazine not in a rush, as I imagine it would in the space of a week before the next issue would come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment