Friday 17 January 2014

Title Ideas For Indie Music Magazine


What is your title for your magazine?

For my magazine title I had numerous ideas for the title. I wasn't sure whether I wanted the title to be a word, a few words or letters that stand for something. I made a note of the titles i came up with overall and then narrowed it down to what I thought would look best.

Here is a list of the possibilities I made for my masthead title:

-Indie

-IMC (Indie Music Channel)

-Indie Music

-BMA (British Music Academy)

-IMF (Indie Music Fusion)

-Fusion

-Music Fusion

Once I had listed my ideas, I thought about the main magazine that I am basing my own music magazine on (NME) and I narrowed it down to the masthead being letters which stand for something. NME's magazine title stands New Musical Express. I thought that this was an effective way to make the magazine look professional as well as give it meaning. Once I had narrowed it down to my last three options, IMC (Indie Music Channel), BMA (British Music Academy) and IMF (Indie Music Fusion) I had to see which one sounded best, looked best and one that people thought was catchy. First of all I said them to myself to see which one sounded most natural, I found that BMA sounded the best. I then looked at each one to see which one looked the best. I looked at the letters to see if they complimented each other well, I found the best one here was also BMA. Lastly, I asked a couple of friends which one they thought sounded most natural when saying them. out of asking 6 friends 4 came back saying BMA felt the most natural, followed by 1 vote for IMF and 1 for IMC.

Overall, I took in all the information of which I found from doing my little tests and it seemed as if BMA was top. Therefore BMA, standing for British Music Academy, will be the title for my indie music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment